Clinics and Services
The General Medical Services Contract between the GP Partners and the CMCCG is summarised as containing the following main elements of medical treatment and care:
- Management of patients who are ill, or believe themselves to be ill, with conditions from which recovery is generally expected, for the duration of that condition, including relevant health promotion advice and referral as appropriate, reflecting patient choice whenever practicable.
- General management of patients who are terminally ill.
- Management of chronic disease in the manner determined by the practice, in discussion with the patient.
- Cervical screening
- Contraceptive services – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a contraceptive pill review please complete our online Contraceptive Pill Review form
- Vaccinations & immunisations
- Childhood vaccinations & immunisations
- Child health surveillance
- Maternity services
- Minor surgery
- Sexual health services
- National Enhanced Services
- Near patient testing
- Care of patients with depression
- IUD fitting
Patients should indicate the purpose of their appointment when making appointments to see the nurse, so that the receptionist can allocate the appropriate length of appointment.
The health care assistant is trained to carry out new patient health checks, phlebotomy, the giving of lifestyle advice, some vaccinations as directed by our GPs, ECGs and routine blood pressure monitoring. Patients will normally be allocated to the health care assistant for these services.
Practice nurses provide first line management of previously diagnosed chronic diseases such as diabetes, asthma and hypertension.
Nursing services include:
- Blood Testing (these must have been recommended by a doctor first)
- Blood Pressure – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit your blood pressure readings on a regular basis please complete our online Blood Pressure Review form
- Well Person Health Checks
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Ear Syringing
- Smoking Cessation – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a smoking review on a regular basis please complete our online Smoking Review form
- Baby Immunisations
- Travel Vaccinations/Advice
- Influenza Vaccinations
- Pneumococcal Vaccinations
- Diabetic Checks
- Asthma Checks – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an annual review of your asthma symptoms please complete our online Asthma Review form
- Cervical Smear Tests
- Contraception Advice
Request an Appointment
To request an appointment please visit our Consulting Room.